Technology is defined as the application of scientific knowledge for practical purposes. Yes, this includes cool machines and fancy algorithms, but it also includes human and/or organizational processes, protocols, and systems.
We develop, license, and advise on technology that supports the transition towards a low carbon economy.
Resource Recovery Processes
Modular and scalable equipment designed to recover all of the resources present in cellulosic and lignocellulosic biomass with a high degree of effectiveness and efficiency.
The units that are available to be licensed deal specifically with each type of organic material:
- Cellolosic or 'Wet' organics units produce a gaseous energy product that can be run in internal combustion engines, as well as nutrient rich soil products.
- Lignocellolosic or 'Dry' organics units produce a solid energy product that can be run in thermal power plants, as well as a nutrient rich mineral fertilizer product.
Resource Accounting Tools
Modern life, as we know it, is a composite of three primary systems: 1) environmental; 2) societal; and, 3) financial.
The tool characterizes and analyzes:
- Business operations from a full input/output perspective (e.g. emissions, ecological footprint, waste, energy, water use).
- Linkages across the value-chain that connect an organization’s functions and behaviours with intended and unintended outcomes.
- How the state of any one variable both defines and is defined by the state of its surrounding variables.
Resource Management Advice
With over 100 years of combined experience in chemistry, engineering, business, and industrial ecology, we provide guidance and strategic support as it applies to:
- Procurement and Supply-Chain Services
- Operations and Maintenance Processes
- Developing and Implementing Regulations
- Resource Recovery and Utilization
- Stakeholder and System Development
- Energy and Waste Management
- Resource Market Intelligence
- Environmental Economics